Wednesday 4 December 2013

I wish I had the means ...


I wish I had the means to show you the beauty of the African night. A million stars, their flickering lights stretching end to end across the horizon, clusters and constellations painting a milky glow, each planet uniquely and beautiful made, lit by the light of ten thousand distant suns.

And I wish I had the means to show you a million hungry children, each uniquely and beautiful made, living on this remarkable continent. Each born with their own mix of skills and talents, teachers, professors, doctors, physicists, pastors and sportsmen and women in the making, each wondering when they will next have food or clean water, each wondering what the future holds.

Last night we held fellowship at Kachok, later than usual, after our long drive to Bondo and Siaya. As we finished our prayer time, in the little hut next to the rubbish dump, I looked up and was touched once again by the sheer majesty of what I saw.

Looking down I see the mess of human existence, but looking up I see nothing but wonder.

And I wish we had the means to do so much more.
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tim...you should write professionally ...your words conjour a beautiful image of Gods majesty enjoy the rest of your stay and have a safe journey home x

    ReplyDelete